FINALLY! Here is how the events went...don't worry, I won't be TOO detailed!
A few hours after my last post on Thursday, I started feeling more and more crampy. Nothing like contractions, just not feeling well. So we go to bed early, and then the pain comes in waves - including some crazy back pain. They weren't consistent but timeable - Drew and I gave it until 2am, called labour and delivery, and they suggested we come in. I am assessed, deemed close enough to active labour and into a room I go.
The pain gets worse, and worse and worse. I always knew that I would likely end up getting an epidural and by sometime Friday I had it. Words can't explain it - I became a whole new person once I had it....(after waiting a few hours for it I wanted to shout to pregnant ladies everywhere to get it. A friend (who also was in labour and ended up delivering the same day) and I were joking that we were going to start a Get The Epi! Facebook group.
Unfortunately, a few conditions presented themself where, after being examined by a few doctors, it was determined that Madi was stuck - too stuck for a regular birth. I was disappointed, I really wanted to avoid a c-section, but I was very open minded in this pregnancy and knew things could change in a heartbeat. All that was important was that we got the baby here safely. Once I agreed I was swept to the OR, given a few doses of drugs and voila! (despite a scary, out of body experience where the epidural started wearing off and they jammed some more drugs into me) she was here! Official date of birth: October 24th, 2009, 3:31am, 8lbs8oz of perfection.
And she is perfect! Everybody graciously says how well I've done given the length of the ordeal, how tired I am and sore but in all honesty, it hasn't and doesn't faze me - it worth every ache and stitch, it's nothing compared to what Drew and I have welcomed into this world.
I have to thank everyone for everything they have done for Drew and I over the past couple of days - You know who you are and what you have done - we honestly couldn't have done it without you.
More pictures to be posted shortly...I think someone is waking from a nap!
A few hours after my last post on Thursday, I started feeling more and more crampy. Nothing like contractions, just not feeling well. So we go to bed early, and then the pain comes in waves - including some crazy back pain. They weren't consistent but timeable - Drew and I gave it until 2am, called labour and delivery, and they suggested we come in. I am assessed, deemed close enough to active labour and into a room I go.
The pain gets worse, and worse and worse. I always knew that I would likely end up getting an epidural and by sometime Friday I had it. Words can't explain it - I became a whole new person once I had it....(after waiting a few hours for it I wanted to shout to pregnant ladies everywhere to get it. A friend (who also was in labour and ended up delivering the same day) and I were joking that we were going to start a Get The Epi! Facebook group.
Unfortunately, a few conditions presented themself where, after being examined by a few doctors, it was determined that Madi was stuck - too stuck for a regular birth. I was disappointed, I really wanted to avoid a c-section, but I was very open minded in this pregnancy and knew things could change in a heartbeat. All that was important was that we got the baby here safely. Once I agreed I was swept to the OR, given a few doses of drugs and voila! (despite a scary, out of body experience where the epidural started wearing off and they jammed some more drugs into me) she was here! Official date of birth: October 24th, 2009, 3:31am, 8lbs8oz of perfection.
And she is perfect! Everybody graciously says how well I've done given the length of the ordeal, how tired I am and sore but in all honesty, it hasn't and doesn't faze me - it worth every ache and stitch, it's nothing compared to what Drew and I have welcomed into this world.
I have to thank everyone for everything they have done for Drew and I over the past couple of days - You know who you are and what you have done - we honestly couldn't have done it without you.
More pictures to be posted shortly...I think someone is waking from a nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment