I snuggled further down under my duvet because I woke up and it was cold.
I was driving home and noticed that some of the trees were starting to change colour.
I was walking through the aisle at Sobey's and noticed they had Apple Cider, Caramel and Pumpkin-scented candles out.
I can finally say, without a doubt, that fall in in the air (and in the stores) even if it's not officially fall by the calendar yet.
It's no secret that I dislike - no, I hate - the heat. Winter I can deal with. Spring is nice but it means the heat is on its way. But the fall is my kind of season. If I could bottle fall up so I could tap into it all year round I would. I love being able to play outside in the sunshine without getting cranky from the fine film of sweat covering my body. I love watching the colours change. I love watching the yard and streets become covered in leaves. I love walking the dogs up and down the street or sitting on the porch swing in the evening without having to worry about being bitten by any number of pesky flies.
And this year, because I don't have the stress of the new school year to worry about, I am going to do right by the fall. Instead of the snippets of fresh fall air I've gotten while walking to the car in the morning, doing yard duty, getting back in the car at the end of the day, then heading in for a night of baths, lunch making and lesson plans, I want to experience fall like I never have before. So, I've decided to follow this Fall Bucket List I found while playing around on Pinterest. (Thank you to the original creator!) I think it's going to be a great way to fully enjoy our first fall as a complete family.

No comments:
Post a Comment