**Holy crap! It's been over a month since I last blogged. In fairness I did start this one a week or so ago, but between coursework and teething and a family trip, I guess it totally fell by the wayside. Ooops.**
Things have been a bit slow-moving on the bucket list. Since beginning my MEd a few weeks ago it has been pretty busy. With readings to do, assignments to complete and discussions to post and respond to, it doesn't leave a lot of time right now. I am getting into the swing of things and getting into a bit of routine, so hopefully I can tackle some more of the fun things that September and October have to offer.
First off , I actually managed to decorate for once! It's not that I don't want to decorate for the seasons, it's just that I've never been very good at it, despite the fact that my mother is creative holiday decorator extraordinaire (just ask my patient father about the boxes and boxes of decorations cluttering his basement.) This year I really wanted to put an effort forth, not just because it is on the bucket list, but because I look at other houses and see how pretty they look. I want to at least have something, if not for my personal satisfaction than for the girls. So the other morning while the cleaner was here, I bundled Madi and Mya up and we headed out. We found a relatively inexpensive scarecrow and some pumpkins at the SuperStore - a big one for Madi and a little one for Mya. I also found a pumpkin spice candle. Total: $13.50. We then went to Michaels. All of their stuff is on sale, but it's expensive to begin with so the prices were what I would expect a regular price to be. I wasn't about to spend $30 on a wreath for the door, but I did find some pretty faux leaves which were onsale for $6.99 each. I grabbed two. There are a few more things I would like to get but I think this is a pretty good start.The other thing that I managed to cross off was Halloween costumes, though I can't really claim much credit for those.Between my mom and a friend, the girls are going to look supercute!
On the family trip mentioned above I managed to get two more things crossed off the bucketlist. Because I had two full days to fill with the girls (and sitting in a hotel room the entire time did not appeal to me) I checked around online for things to do in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. Turns out there are more than a few pumpkin patches, so I picked one close to our hotel called Dill's Atlantic Giant. The place was beautiful with little and big spots of orange dotting their hills, tons of decorative gourds for sale and, much to Madi's delight, a horse.The second day Drew was free to hang out with us so so drove up to Halifax for the day. We decided to take a walk through Point Pleasant Park. It wasn't cold but it wasn't warm or muggy, either, which was perfect walking weather.
Four down, 12 to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment