7 Weeks 0 Days
I started this pregnancy heavier than I would have liked. I had been dabbling with My Fitness Pal and watching my calorie intake but it never really seemed to amount to much. Because I don't exercise enough. And I know that. But honestly when you're on your feet all day, chasing hormonal middle-school students around, you kind of feel like you've done your physical exercise for the day. At the very least it's just a relief to come home and put your feet up - when there isn't a toddler to trail to make sure she's not eating a pen or slamming my Flipcam down on the ground.
But it's not enough. And if I want to feel better about myself and my clothes to start fitting better (for the time being) then I need to start doing something on top of toddler & teen chasing while I still can.
So my three part plan starts today:
1) Exercising 4 times a week for at least 10 minutes
It shouldn't be that hard to get off of my butt and walk outside for 10 minutes. And we have a puppy so there is the added bonus of giving her the extra exercise and sniffing she needs. Why only 4 times week? If I set the bar too high I'll give up. And Drew is away two nights a week making it hard to get out to walk the dog (and it's impossible walking two dogs with a toddler.) And I'll need one night to "spend." On the other hand, we do have a lonely Wii that I may need to put to use on those nights I can't leave the house...
2) Calorie Tracking
I need to watch how many calories I'm taking in and how I am getting them. Pregnancy nausea has helped as I only want light, healthy type snacks....but the half-bag of Ruffles and Ringlos that I indulged in this week doesn't help.
3) Recording, Recording, Recording
This is where the blog comes in. I created a new page where each day I will track whether or not I exercised, what my calorie intake was, and my weight for that day, I'm hoping being accountable like this will help me stay on track.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment