Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Waiting Game

5 weeks 2 days

My period tracker app on my iPhone says I'm 10 days late for my period.  
And I am still symptomless.
You're probably thinking - lady, you should be thrilled. And if you are pregnant you are probably thinking "Bitch! I'm spending hours making out with my toilet and you're getting off scott-free!" But being the paranoid person that I am, I keep worrying that it means that something is wrong. There have been no signs that there is anything wrong but really, a little nausea, a little more exhaustion (I admit, I am crawling in to bed an hour or two earlier each night), maybe even an unjustified spaz out at Drew would be a little reassuring.
Maybe I'm just too early to feel any symptoms. I honestly can't remember when I started feeling symptoms when I was pregnant with Madi. I have my first appointment on Tuesday and although I know I won't be able to hear a heartbeat, I'm hoping my doctor will send me for an ultrasound. They usually don't send you until 18ish weeks, but I'm thinking my health history might be enough for her to monitor me more closely than normal.
For now I'll just try to keep repeating the mantra "I'm pregnant until someone or something tells me I'm not."
See? The worrying really does start in the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment