Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Another Reason to Love Canada

23 Weeks 2 Days

So the NBTF got back to me with my official maternity leave dates. My last day of work will be Friday, March 30th, 2012 - 38 weeks and 4 days and ten days before the baby is due - unless something happens before then obviously. My official first day back to work will be April 29th, 2013. That seems like soooo much time off and I am so excited. Even better - I will only have to work May and June and then voilĂ , off for the summer again!

Even though less than half a pay cheque for a year isn't ideal, I am so thankful for the year off to bond with the baby and make up some much needed quality time with Madi. I couldn't imagine living in the US and only having 6-12 weeks off.
Just another reason to be happy to be a Canuck (living in igloos and all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment