She looks angry.
But this is actually one of Madi's many happy faces. Actually, it's probably her favourite happy face. She thinks it's pretty hilarious. So do I. So does her daddy. I think she's just trying to show off her brand spankin' new teeth.
So, Miss Madi had her 6 month appointment today (which is technically 6.5 months.) She is such a trooper. She only cried for about 10 seconds after each needle. Once she spotted a colourful poster she was over it.
Stats? She weighs 18.5lbs. Which puts her just under the 90th percentile for weight. She's in the 50th percentile for height - which makes more sense now since her parents are kind of on the short side. The main thing is she is healthy.
While I'm at it, want to know what she's up to these days? Well aside from showcasing her array of smiles for anyone who will look, she is also doing the following:
- Rolling. All around. Feeding her is F.U.N
- Jumping. Ever since we got her Jumperoo, she thinks she should be jumping on everything. Especially people.
- Talking. Abababadababadadaa (pretend you didn't see dada in there, please. Also pretend you didn't notice the lack of mama in there, please.)
- Grabbing. At everything. My hair included. It's a cruel trick of nature that not only does mother nature cause you to shed it after giving birth, but then makes it the first thing your child learns to grab.
- Holding her toes. She can't get enough of them. This makes me feel better that she's not that big, since she can reach over her belly (or boiler, as Uncle Randy calls it) to hold onto them.
- Sleeping. I'm going to brag. We have an awesome sleeper. We get secretly upset when she wakes up for a bottle at 5am then goes right back to sleep. I probably jinxed it. Damn.
And so much more! But I'll leave you now with this. Please feel free to comment on what you think she's doing in this video. Besides rocking the cuteness. Or just comment in general. Especially you family members, so I know you're actually, you know, reading this thing!

Daddy just woke up to a very nice day in Nova Scotia, nice because I got to watch a video of his daughter that made him smile and laugh. Thanks honey, this will get me through the day!
ReplyDeleteShe is cuteness wrapped up in a little body! So glad that the appointment went well and she is healthy! She loves her Jumparoo...I think she's mad she is jumping, but not actually going anywhere! :-) Can't wait to see you again soon! xo
ReplyDeleteOh man I love the video and cannot wait for my Lovie to start jumping around like a madbaby! ;D And I adore her SO happy faces!
ReplyDelete