Monday, May 17, 2010

My Child Rocks

Seriously. 
We went on a road trip to Halifax which is 3.5 hours from where we live. She slept pretty much the whole way, and when she wasn't sleeping, she was just playing and chatting in her car seat.
That night she stayed up to play with her aunt Lynn cousin Mark until 9pm. I was thinking it would be a total nightmare putting her to sleep since she a) slept a lot that day b) was already super late for bed and c) was in a new environment but nope, after a few minutes of wrestling with her to get her to eat (bad sign, I thought) I put her down in the pack'n'play and she didn't make a peep until 6am the next morning.
The next day we went to a wedding shower for one of my university roommates an hour away from Halifax and she slept the whole way there, as well. When we got to the shower, you could tell she was tired but only because she was rubbing her eyes - her demeanour was still the chatty, smiley little girl I know and love.
We had a 4 hour drive ahead of us on the way back, and it was pretty much a repeat of the trip down. The only time she cried was after we left my parents house and dropped my mom off. She pretty much screamed for the whole 30 minutes home. But hey, I can give her that. It was going on three hours past her bedtime and she'd been trapped in a car seat for a lot of the previous 48 hours.
Now, if only our 10 hour road trip to Toronto in July goes just as well...

2 comments:

  1. Of course she rocks! :-) I am so glad the roadtrip went well and that she was such an angel!

    ReplyDelete