After a stop for mom at Macy's in Bangor, and a delicious, filling, non-Weight-Watchers-friendly meal at the Texas Roadhouse, we continued on down the Maine Turnpike to Portland. I was actually able to finish a book - The Lucky One - just as we pulled into the Hampton Inn in South Portland. We checked in, relaxed for a few minutes and then hit my favourite store - Target! We always end up blowing a good chunk of our trip budget there, and this visit was no different - but I did get most of the things I was looking for crossed off my list.
The next morning we got up, had the free hot breakfast at the hotel and went to The Christmas Tree Shop & Cabela's. Not necessarily my kind of place, but it was fascinating to see. It is was huge building with nothing but camo, guns, fishing gear and hunting equipment...but the fudge shop made it worth it.
Finally we headed for Freeport. After spending the majority of our time deciding where to eat (yet another place with only ketchup as a dipping sauce for sweet potato fries!) we looked around a bit but didn't find too much. I could bring myself to spend $130 on a Coach purse and ditto for Drew and a pair of Oakley sunglasses. We hit the road and I finished book #2 - Fifty Shades of Grey!
After a quick stop in Bangor due to a mistake on Macy's part on the way down (which I managed to get a $25 gift card out of) we hit the Airline and were on our way home to get our girl from Cour & Randy. The drive home from Saint John was a quiet one - both girls snoozing except Mya's random bursts of crankiness.
It was a quick trip but it felt like we had been away forever. It was so nice to get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment