Friday, May 18, 2012

Journey to 130

130lbs, that is.
I was pretty happy with how fast I was losing weight once I got home from the hospital. I weighed myself the day I found out I was pregnant and was 141.1lbs. The morning I went into the hospital to have Mya I was 169.4lbs.The day I came home from the hospital I was 155.6lbs. Since then I've seen a pretty steady decline so I was pretty surprised when I tried on a pair of jeans (the SAME jeans I wore all pregnancy with Madi) and they didn't fit. So I tried on another. Didn't fit. Another - didn't fit.
Uh-oh, this was not good.
I realized I had to start taking some steps to ramp up the weight loss process. A lot of women make it their goal to get down to their pre-pregnancy weight. That's not good enough for me because that is about 10lbs over where I want to and should be. My goal is to get to 130, so I've begun taking some steps to make that happen.
My problem is food. I LOVE food. I especially love no good for you food like creamy pasta, gourmet burgers and sweet potato fries. Pizza and Party Mix are in there, too. By far my favourite food is cupcakes. I could eat one of these bad boys every hour on the hour:

My favourite - Mocha Cheesecake from PieceO'Cake

Or, one of these:
Drew's favourite - Jamaican Me Crazy for Coconut
I cannot give up my favourite foods, and definitely not cupcakes, because I would drive myself nuts. I've tried it before, it never works. So I've developed some steps that I've been following and will continue to do so:

  1. Track calories on MyFitnessPal.com 
  2. Walk every sunny day. I am going to aim for 30 minutes everyday, but I'll be happy with 20-40.
  3. Don't eliminate my favourites, add in veggies. Every Monday my plan is to drive to the arena and walk down to the Pumpkin patch to stock up on veggies to snack on - green beans, sugar snap peas, etc.
  4. Weight myself daily and track any gains/losses.
  5. Sign-up for a Moving Mommies swim class beginning at the end of June.
  6. Check in here on Fridays Sundays to write about my progress.
I know I can do it. It's just a matter of whether I actually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment