It's hard to believe that it has been 4 months since I posted last. It's even harder to believe that it has been 4 weeks since Mya was born. I waited anxiously for so long for a healthy baby girl to join our family, and now it seems as though time is flying faster than what can seem possible.
4 weeks ago today, on April 10th, Drew and I kissed Madi goodbye as my dad took her to her sitter's house, not fully understanding just how her life was going to change by the end of the day. We hopped into our car - new car seat in place, trunk packed with a fresh diaper bag and my over-packed hospital bag. We drove to the hospital in quiet excitement and made our way to labour & delivery. We changed into our green hospital garb and alternately waited and spoke with various doctors and nurses who came in with different tasks and questions. Soon enough we were walking to the OR, I was being prepped for surgery and after what seemed like an eternity I heard that delicious cry that signalled that our second and last baby had come into the world.
7lbs 11oz, 51cm long and a mop of brown hair with high lights - yes, highlights!
There is not a thing that could have gone better during our stay at the hospital. I was so relaxed and absolutely basking in the warm, cuddly love that is a newborn baby. We slept, ate and got acquainted.
After spending 3 full days and nights in the hospital, we came home where we officially became a family of 6 - two parents, two kids and two dogs. Madi could not possibly love her little sister any more and insists on giving her multiple hugs and kisses everyday.
Life is so good.

No comments:
Post a Comment