Little Miss Madi has been waking up more and more to eat during the night, so Drew and I figured now was as good a time as any to start our solids journey. She's close enough to 6 months and the doctor told us at the last appointment that we could start her any time. So, this week I got all excited and I went out and bought her first box of rice cereal. I decided on the Nestle Good Start brand, mostly because I had a coupon, and partly because I didn't know what other kind to get.
And of course Madi had to eat her first solid meal in style. So I wandered over to the feeding aisle and mulled over which dishes and utensils she was going to use for this first meal.
For the spoons, I decided on these super pretty, plastic coated ones that - get this - change colour when the food is too hot! Ok, I'm a sucker for a pointless feature. But I thought they were pretty.
Then came the bowls. I mean, I couldn't possibly use the boring old bowls that Drew and I eat out of every day. Madi had to have her own bowls. And they, too, had to be colourful. So I decided on these pretty little plastic ones. They came in pink, purple and yellow. Some of my favourite colours and how appropriate for spring! (Couldn't find a picture of the right colours.)
So, I figured that our first solids session was going to be either a huge success or a colassal fail. Based on this picture I was leaning towards success:
Turns out, it fell somewhere in the middle, which I suppose is all you can expect when you introduce such a different texture to a baby. You can see for yourself how it went, and if you have any tips for what we did wrong, right or can do differently feel free to leave a comment! For now, we'll just keep trying!



Thanks for stopping by from the UBP! Ironically, my post today was about when to start solids for my little one! I bought rice cereal, bowls, and spoons today ... but I'm not sure we're quite ready. LOVE the video of little Madi!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!! She's so adorable! My 7mo has been on solids for a month now. He's a fat little thing and milk just isn't enough - lol! He's eating cereal and sweet potatoes. The first few tries didn't work but now, as soon as he sees the spoon, he gets all wriggly and excited. I love feeding babies :o)
ReplyDeleteI like how she kind of nurses it down! She's adorable. Keep enjoying the journey:)
ReplyDeleteRosemary just started solids two weeks ago! We did oatmeal first, which she gobbled right up, and just started sweet potatoes on Sat. She LOVED them. The first few times it's a bit messy, but they get the hang of it fast! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteLinds! This is fantastic! I cannot believe how quickly she is growing!! And you can let Miss Madi know that Auntie A has some cool feeding accessories for her next time I visit! Oh, and AWESOME family photos! xo
ReplyDeleteaaaahhhhh those rice days are but a distant memory (my 'little one') is 14 - so I'm afraid I can't be of much help.
ReplyDeletethx for stopping by my place :-)