Sunday, April 18, 2010

Things I Am Not Ready For

Teeth.
We have a tooth. 
On Wednesday Miss Madi was a tad bit cranky. When she was screaming her face off in the parking lot of the dog groomers I had a chance to look into her mouth and spotted the faintest white spot on her lower gums. I pointed it out to her Uncle J and he saw it, too. The beginnings of her first tooth at just under 6 months. I was very surprised, given her age and that she hadn't been cranky lately. But there it was. And over the past few days it has poked through more and more, and so has the crank. The poor girl. She wants to chew on everything and anything. Today we tried a little Orajel and some Tylenol and that helped a bit. Luckily her sleep seems to be unaffected so far, I just hope it stays that way!

Solids.
I know it's time. 
And we've been doing a bit of rice cereal. Tonight we tried some avocado (I would have a very messy video for you but my SD chips appears to be playing hide and seek with me.) But it seems like we really just got good at the whole breastfeeding thing and now she's moving onto big people food. 

I used to think it was so cliche when they say they grow so fast, but it's so true! Seriously, wasn't it just yesterday that we were walking out of the hospital and into a whole new world? It certainly seems that way. 

3 comments:

  1. They DO grow too fast! Vivian just turned 4 months and has a tooth right on the edge of breakthrough. She's also starting solids. It's just crazy. Wasn't I just sitting here thinking "Will this baby EVER come?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear ya! Baby cut her first tooth last week at 4 1/2 months, and I see another one about to pop through. I just told Husband, "she'll never not have teeth again!"

    Definitely not ready for all the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand! We've been doing rice cereal for a few weeks now and my daughter is eating like a champ! And I believe she is getting her first tooth as well. Oh and on top of that she's sitting up now! aaahhh can time please slow down?? I'm not ready for all of this yet either!

    Btw, this is DDearinger from the bump - I like your blog and I'm following you now on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete